BALANCING MACHINE 9K718M
Universal horizontal balancing machine of the resonance type, with pendulum suspension and cylindrical rollers, with belt-driven rotor rotation.
The machine balances rotors with high demands on residual unbalance, surface quality of the journals as well as workmanship in general.
WE PROVIDE A COMPLETE SOLUTION, SUPPORT AND TRAINING WHEN YOU PURCHASE
Our company has a technical support service center. If you have any questions, you can contact us for help.
The machine 9K718M balances rotors with high demands on residual unbalance, surface quality of the journals as well as workmanship in general. This led to the use of machine tools of the 9K series in a wide variety of industries: metallurgical, gas and petrochemical, energy, mechanical engineering, etc.
The machine allows you to balance intersupport and cantilever rotors, rotors on special mandrels, as well as in special equipment (frame). It can be equipped with a combined rotation drive for balancing various types of turbine rotors, rotors of special equipment. The design of the balancing equipment model 9K718 is designed for balancing rotors up to 8000 kg. On a balancing machine, it is easy to balance both the rotor of an electric motor or a diesel locomotive generator, and to eliminate imbalance on any rotor of a petrochemical pump. “Soft” suspension and vibration sensors of the balancing machine make it possible to achieve high accuracy in determining and eliminating imbalance on rotors, the design of which is very different from each other.
For example: you will be able to balance a beater and an air blower wheel with the same accuracy, despite their obvious design differences. Balancing machine series 9K, manufactured by VTM GROUP, has high adaptive properties due to its unique design and functional balancing system. This makes it indispensable for balancing disk-type rotors (saw blades, compressor equipment wheels, fans, etc.), and, if necessary, balancing a shaft-type part. An example of such parts would be a motor armature, a paper machine shaft, a crusher rotor, or a shredder drum.
ADVANTAGES AND FEATURES
Self-aligning roller cassettes
- The most important feature of a balancing machine is its minimum achievable residual unbalance. For series 9K balancing machines, the minimum achievable residual unbalance is 0.4 g*mm/kg.
This amounts to 0.4 µm eccentricity.
- Self-aligning roller cassette, which adjusts to the rotor in two axes. This reduces set-up time of the machine and therefore the total time required to balance the workpiece, and secondly, reduces the chance of damage to the contact surfaces of the rotor due to incorrect positioning of the workpiece on the machine rollers.
- The width of the rollers allows fairly heavy rotors to be balanced for quite a long time without “knurling” the contact surface of the rotor.
The “Knurling” effect occurs if the contact surface of the rotor has less hardness than the rollers and the rotor has a large mass. To reduce this effect, the rollers have a wide contact surface and radius chamfers.
- The rollers have a surface hardness of 52-56 HRC which ensures a long service life.
- An additional set of rollers with a different size is supplied with the machine. A special design of the roller cassette and rollers has been designed so that the rollers can be mounted within two minutes.
- The design of the support enables height-adjustment of the roller cassettes on all 9K machines. This increases the functionality of the machine.
- The machine supports are fitted with arrestors and are used for single-plane balancing, as well as for fixing the supports when passing through the “operating frequency” range. Once the “rotor working speed range for balancing” has been reached, the support is released.
- All machines are equipped with axial stops. The axial stops limit rotor misalignment in axial directions and prevent the rotor from flying out of the machine. Thanks to the unique patented design of the MOVING ROLLERⓇ axle stops, contact with the rotor does not create large balancing errors.
- The pendulum suspension allows unmistakable determination of whether the rotor rotates in the “resonance frequency” range, even without the aid of a balancing system, by visual inspection. It is also worth noting that due to the high movement of the suspension it is easy to diagnose even a small level of residual vibration after balancing, ‘by feel’. This is very important to operators, who are accustomed to checking the balancing quality not only by analysing the balancing system, but also by listening to their own senses.
Performance and operation
- The design of the machines enables them to be installed directly on the workshop floor, meaning that there is no need to build a separate basement for the machine. The machines are available in 2 versions with or without floor anchoring.
- All machines in this series have the MODULAR DESIGNⓇ You can use any tooling and change the characteristics of the machine, e.g. increase the diameter or use a smaller cassette from the machine for a smaller rotor.
- A belt drive with a wide adjustment range of the tension pulley is the new LONG STROKE Ⓡ design patented by our company in 2019, which enables us to cover all customer needs with only two drive belts of different sizes.
- The ability to adjust the tensioning pulley allows you to adjust the belt tension force, for resonant machines, this is of great importance as belt over-tensioning can affect the quality of the balance.
- Another big advantage of the belt drive design is that the belt can be changed quickly. This also saves time during readjustment.
- The machine is equipped with jacks to place the rotor on the rollers. During installation it is very easy to damage the surface of the machine rollers or the contact surface of the rotor, which makes it impossible to achieve the required balancing accuracy later on.
The installation of the rotor on a machine equipped with jacks is carried out as follows: The rotor is installed by crane initially on the jack prisms with soft material overlays. Then the rotor, mounted on the prisms, is gently lowered onto the rollers using the jacks. In doing so, we completely eliminate the possibility of impact during installation.
- The high power electric motors reduce acceleration and deceleration times and eliminate situations in which you cannot accelerate the workpiece to the required speed.
- The motor is controlled by a frequency inverter. It enables: smooth regulation of the rotor speed over the whole working range, smooth starting and stopping of the motor and motor protection.
We have thought in detail all the design solutions of the manufactured balancing machines, based on practical experience in their use, as a result, soft-bearing series balancing machines have a high degree of reliability and maintainability.
Machine design options
- Axial drive, which uses a cardan shaft. Capable of transmitting high torque from the electric motor to the rotor. This type of drive is used for parts with high aerodynamic drag or special design features (e.g. augers). The axial drive of all machines of the 9D series is equipped with an extendable spindle.
- Combined drive – both axial drives and a belt drive on one frame. This machine will be in demand by companies with rotors of various designs.
- Further options are available to balance cantilever rotors, i.e. rotors whose centre of gravity is outside the bearing pedestal and not between it. All machines in this series are equipped with a bracket for this purpose.
BALANCING SYSTEM AND CONTROL
We make balancing easier – the main advantage characterizing our balancing systems.
- Ease of use and simple operation do not require special theoretical knowledge from the operator.
- Displays the balancing process in real time and monitors the unbalance behavior of the rotor on the screen to achieve the best possible result.
- The maximum sensitivity of the machine at any moment of operation, set-up and calibration of the machine is carried out by the operator himself.
- Free from the influence of external vibration factors on the measuring result, has a high degree of protection against various types of disturbance.
- World-leading functionality and accuracy due to 40 years of industry development and application experience.
|Mass range of balanced rotors, kg||80 — 8000|
|Maximum rotor diameter (above bed), mm||2600|
|Diameter of bearing necks of the rotor, mm||400 — 5000|
|Distance between the centers of the supporting necks of the rotor, mm, min/max||140 — 2400|
|Minimum achievable residual specific imbalance, g.mm/kg||0,4|
|Rotor speed range, rpm||200 — 1300|
|Type of drive||Frequency-adjustable asynchronous electric drive|
|Electric motor power, kW||22|
|Element transmitting the rotation of the rotor||Belt|
|Base length, mm||5500|
Prisms for light rotors
PURCHASE SUPPORT AND TRAINING
Our company has the service center for technical support.
In case of any questions you can contact us for help.
LEARN MORE ABOUT OTHER MACHINES IN THE SERIES
The page lists the characteristics of the basic model of the machine. Almost any parameter(diameter, length, weight, etc.) of the machine can be changed on the customer’s request. When ordering the machine, all parameters of the machine will be agreed additionally.